Electronic Travel Authority visa (subclass 601)

Tourist Visa

This visa is for people travelling to Australia:

  • As a tourist
  • For business visitor activities

In most cases, this visa allows you to visit Australia on multiple occasions within 12 months from the date of the grant of the visa or the life of the visa holder’s passport (whichever is shorter) for three months at a time.
You must be outside Australia when the Electronic Travel Authority visa is granted or, if you apply for it while you are in immigration clearance, then you must be in immigration clearance at the time it is granted.

Show More


Everything you should know about immigration to Australia, for long or short period, or maybe just for visiting this beautiful country.

Related Articles