Student visa (subclass 500)

Education Visa

If you intend to study in Australia, you will need to apply for the Student visa (subclass 500).
There is specific information for Foreign Affairs and Defence sponsored students and school sector students.
Find out how to apply for family members to join you.
There is more information for students including genuine temporary entrant requirements, health insurance, English language requirements, financial capacity requirements and changing courses.
You might be able to package your courses if you would like to study more than one course.
For information about your rights and responsibilities while studying in Australia read the factsheet available at the Department of Education and Training website.

Show More


Everything you should know about immigration to Australia, for long or short period, or maybe just for visiting this beautiful country.

Related Articles